Quick and Easy! That is our theme this month isn't it. All recipes can be made in about 30 minutes or less. Just enough time for the busy working mom to prepare a great meal!
Monday: Garlic Lime Fajitas (seasonings and recipe by McCormick Recipe Inspirations)
Tuesday: Black Bean and Corn Chicken Chili (recipe by McCormick)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in 1-inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
4 teaspoons McCormick® Chili Powder
2 teaspoons McCormick® Cumin, Ground
1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
1/2 cup dry red wine
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 ounces) great Northern beans, undrained
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (8 3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken, bell pepper and onion; cook and stir 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Heat small nonstick skillet on medium heat 2 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin and garlic; toast 30 seconds or until aromatic, stirring constantly. Add to chicken mixture.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes
Wednesday: Stove-Top Tamale Pie with veggies
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
2 packages Taco Seasoning Mix
2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
1 package (8 ounces) corn muffin mix
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1. Brown ground beef in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat.
2. Stir in Seasoning Mix, tomato sauce and beans. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare corn muffin mix as directed on package. Drop small spoonfuls of batter over meat mixture. Cover.
4. Cook on medium-low heat 15 minutes or until corn bread is cooked through. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Cover. Cook on low heat until cheese is melted.
Thursday: Ultimate Barbecue-Rubbed Chicken with corn and cole slaw
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons smoked Spanish paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup barbecue sauce, warmed
1. Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, mix brown sugar, paprika, cumin, garlic salt and chili powder. Rub both sides of chicken with seasoning mixture.
2. Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
3. Serve chicken with barbecue sauce.
Friday: Grilled Chicken Kabob Caesar Salad
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
8 medium green onions, cut into 4-inch pieces
1 large red bell pepper, cut into wedges
3/4 cup fat-free Caesar dressing
1 bag (10 ounces) ready-to-eat romaine lettuce
1/2 cup croutons
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
1. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Thread chicken, onions and bell pepper alternately on each of four 10-inch metal skewers, leaving space between each piece. Reserve 1/2 cup of the dressing for serving. Brush skewers with remaining 1/4 cup dressing.
2. Cover and grill kabobs 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
3. Arrange kabobs on romaine; top with croutons and cheese. Serve with reserved 1/2 cup dressing.
Saturday: Sloppy Joes, steak fries, mixed greens