- Save water by decreasing your shower time -- or rather take a bath, which uses less water than a shower.
- Get in the habit of brushing your teeth with the water off, and encourage your children to do so, as well.
- Switch from paper and plastic bags to reusable bags and totes.
- Opt for direct deposit, online banking, and paperless statements to reduce your paper usage.
- Unplug all of your appliances when you leave the house to save energy (and prevent a fire hazard).
- Keep one set of dishes at the office, including: a cup, utensils, bowl, and plate. This will prevent you from reaching for disposable utensils, cups, and plates.
- Use rechargeable batteries -- Duracell now has a line of pre-charged rechargeable batteries!
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Helping Your Family Go Green Checklist
Since it is Earth day, I thought it would be fitting to post a checklist that can help you start GOING GREEN today!