Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Book Of The Month

I am a huge advocate of reading to your kids. Most moms I know are! It is a great way to spend quality time with your kids after a hard days work. I have chosen a few books that I think would be fun to read to your kids.

If your child is 5 and under:
Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
There's a Hippopotamus on our Roof Eating Cake by Hazel Edwards
At this age repetition is great, so read these books before bed over and over. Your kids will love them!

If your child is 5 and over:
Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Cleary
This is a book I am reading to my kids right now. I read them a chapter a night at bed, and then we discuss what I read. It is a great way for you to have time with your kids, and a great way for them to interact with you!

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
This is a book about a secret club of select boys at an exclusive prep school. Frankie decides she wants to infiltrate and control the society. This book is funny, and has a lot of surprises.

Happy reading and look for next months "Book Of The Month" choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment